Friday, March 5, 2010

Blog 11 Revisited

For my literacy process work, I still don't have a solid idea what I want to do with it. Here are some of my jumping points and detail ideas:

-Talk about individual events where a similar procedure but the details surrounding my composition of a work are compared and contrasted, highlighting what worked and what didn't.

-Gather information a series of different moving writing process' that I take notice of and breakdown basically as they're happening.

My writing process can be broken down as following:

Personal Writing
Observe something that inspires me, be it in person, on a screen, in my ears etc.
Take that inspiration and begin to rapidly brainstorm, sometimes on paper.
Write it. just get out everything I can before the fuel runs out.
Leave it. Come back later. Fix what I see can be better if I have something better.

Academic Writing
Get assignment and give it some immediate thought that is never recorded.
Procrastinate
Deadline is very close. Do entire paper in one fell swoop. typically with no post editing and never
any prewriting.
Hand in.

Both of these ways of writing are typically effective for me but also frustrating. The former, because I have no control over it and anytime I force my creative writing I get crap; and the latter, because I'm always pulling all nighters and that's annoying.

This my my very simplified and generalized writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment